Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life Lately - The Year Is 2014

The year is 2014. And today, at 8:30 this morning, I began my very LAST first day of classes. You all might have a idea just how excited I am about that. I am ecstatic. I have a very fun and busy set of classes to get me to the end, and it is going to be awesome!  

I made two New Year's resolutions this year. They're fairly simple and easy: 

1) To be more vigilant and better about blogging this year. I think that will be easier now that I have a little bit better of a grasp on my bulimia. I wasn't feeling about to do fashion posts because that required taking pictures and that was really hard to do for a while there. 
             But stay tuned! Because I am going to do better. 

And my other goes hand in hand. 

2) Even though I have a yoga class, I don't want to use that as an excuse to not get dressed everyday. Yoga pants and sneakers are not an acceptable outfit for everyday wear. 

Speaking of outfits, here was my first day of school outfit! It was inspired by BBC Sherlock's John Watson. 

Watson vest: Goodwill, Shirt: Goodwill, Shoes: Wal-Mart
 Again, an easy, thrifted outfit. It was super comfy and chill.

Allow me to introduce you all to the newest member of out apartment!


This is Hadley, the Russian tortoise. My roommate got her for me for Christmas. And I love her. She is so sweet and shockingly full of personality for a reptile.

She explores all around the apartment and eats spinach every day. Esmeralda the cat is in love with her and loves to follow her around the apartment and gives her gentle pushes with her paws to help her move faster.




Also new in 2014 - I got my 4th tattoo this afternoon. It is on my left ribcage and it is kind of a tribute to my eating disorder and my journey towards healing. I purposefully got it on an area that I know could stretch with weight gain, because I want to be able to apply to sentiment no matter how it looks. If a stretch mark goes through it, it will still be a beautiful area.


It is Psalm 139:14.

"I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

What a sentiment to try and remember! No matter what, I am wonderfully made. Like I said, even if a stretch mark goes through that text, I was still made beautifully.

I know that a lot of people don't like tattoos, or agree with them. But that's okay. I don't really care.

I have chosen them as a way to express myself and commemorate journeys I have made.

If my body is a temple, I am just painting the walls and putting in stained glass windows.



 I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 

And you are all fearfully and wonderfully made.


Love,

Chloé