Thursday, June 6, 2013

Recipe For You All!



So in the last weekish, I have gone a little gym and food crazy.  The gym is my home away from home - not because I like the gym - GOD NO, I hate the gym - but because I feel like I need to lose a few pounds.

Most of my life that I can remember, I have disliked how I looked, until I started to dance in college.

Well, in the summertime, in the dead weeks between school and work - there are no dance classes. And I have gained, like, 6 pounds since April. And that doesn't sound like much, but I was overweight in high school and it took 2 years of dance in college to get myself to a shape that I liked, so I am taking care of it now, while it is still manageable, however discouraging.

So, I have also been cooking way differently. Much more produce and salad, and trying to find ways to substitute ingredients in and out. Thank God for Pinterest.

I found an interesting recipe last night and, I must admit, I was hesitant. But I went for it and it was a hit for both Bailey and I.

As we all know, tuna fish is an incredibly nutrient-dense food. It's rich in high quality protein and an excellent source of important nutrients such as the minerals selenium, magnesium, and potassium; not to mention the B vitamin complex, and of course, the marvelous omega-3 essential fatty acids. And tuna melts rock.

But mayo is not good for you. It is awful. So with this recipe, you can lose the mayo.

Mix 4 ounces drained water-packed tuna with 2 table­spoons nonfat Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard. Fold in 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives, diced carrots, celery, a bell pepper, and a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese. Splash in a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Serve on a whole wheat sandwich roll and toast it in the oven on 325 for about 5 minutes. 

I'm not kidding - it is so good. Better than the original fatty mayo recipe. So give it a try and let me know what you think! 

Tonight for dinner - chicken breast with basil and tomato, on a bed of linguine! Yum! 

Love, 

Chloé