Sunday, February 24, 2013

Be Soft

Today is a day that I am having less than charitable feelings toward my ex. And I am told that that is normal. But one of the reasons I started this blog was to get those feelings out of me so I could really think about them. 

Total honesty. So here we go.

Boys - please don't ever tell a girl you are going to marry her just because you think its a good thing to say, and, by default, don't plan most of your wedding with her if you don't mean it. Don't lie to her. And don't keep her around for sex, or for money, or because you don't want to be alone. That's not fair to either of you.

Girls - don't be stupid. If your instinct tells you to run, run. Don't stay because you don't want to be alone. And don't, because your gut is telling you something is wrong, try to fix it by clinging tighter to what you had. Because that's not fair to either of you.

You deserve happiness. And, just because you made each other happy for a while, that does not mean that that is all there is. That he is the only person that will ever make me happy. Because he also made me miserable.

And it took a lot of courage for me to finally walk away.


Be soft. Let life teach you lessons, but not make you hate. Let yourself be wise, but not heartless. Stay sweet, but also allow yourself to know that it's okay to hurt. That's it's normal to have good days and bad days, regarding all things in life.

The world is beautiful. And God will never take something out of my life without replacing it with something much better.

Ok. Self-indulgent rant over.

I love you all. And I hope that my writing candidly touches just one other person and helps give them whatever courage they need.

Love,
Chloé