Saturday, February 9, 2013

A bunhawk? What in the heck is a bunhawk?

Seriously. And that should say "going anywhere"

I am really guilty wearing my hair up ALL THE TIME. I like to sleep and it is really easier to sleep 5 extra minutes and  throw the lion's mane that is my hair up in top knot and call it good. It is really laziness, but I also like to point out that I have a lot of crazy curly hair and to actually style it is a huge time commitment and requires various sized curling irons and straighteners and an iron maiden and all sorts of instruments of torture.

So I found on Pinterest a fun solution for second day, rushing-out-the-house hair. And I call it a bunhawk. It's a little more fun and edgy than a normal bun and really easy to do.
The bunhawk!
Here is how to do it: section your hair into 3 ponytails, leave bangs for the last. Twist each section in the back into a bun, and bobby pin the bejeezus out of it. Then pull your bangs back into a little bit of a poof and bobby pin those down. Hairspray generously.

This was the first time I had done it, and I would say it took me about 5 minutes to create this "bunhawk." And I really loved the result.

Bunhawk Day look


Blazer - Vanity $15, Shirt - gift!! Jeans - Old Navy $25, Booties - Ross, $5, Wrist Brace - Walmart - $15.